We have had a great time celebrating Pride this month at Motive! As an organization, we are confident that creating LGBTQ+ inclusive teams will help us adapt, innovate, and grow to be a generational company.
To top off an awesome month of celebrating we were a VIP Sponsor at the Nashville Pride Festival this past weekend. Our Nashville team showed up to support the company and community in a big way. Regardless of your sexual orientation and/or gender identity, this was a way for us to come together and be an ally to the LGBTQ+ community.
The festival took place June 25–26. We had our booth set up at the Bicentennial Park where we had an interactive “What’s Your Motive?” wall for attendees to write on, along with other swag giveaways. Before walking in the parade our team gathered together at our Nashville office where we hosted a brunch prior to marching in the parade. Check out our photos from the event below:
Please read on to see other ways we’re helping foster an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees:
- Our Employee Resource Group MoPride advocates for LGBTQ+ diversity, inclusion, and allyship all year long so that our employees feel empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work every day. Join the #mopride slack community here!
- We recently released new Gender Transition Guidelines in our Employee Handbook to promote and ensure gender inclusivity.
- Our non-discrimination policies prohibit discrimination and harassment on the bases of sexual orientation, gender identity, and transgender status (among other categories you can read about in our Employee Handbook), and we provide comprehensive training to all employees on these policies.
- Our benefits include domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive benefits, and new child bonding leave for LGBTQ+ family formation.
- We also received a score of 95/100 on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index — the national benchmarking tool for LGBTQ workplace equality.
We hope you continue to join us in our mission to celebrate LGBTQ+ identifying people, and collectively strive to break stigmas and foster a healthy culture of growth and connection at Motive.